God, I probably shouldn’t be posting this on Tumblr but I am starting to flip like a pancake. Here’s the deal - myself, and my best friend and her fiance were supposed to be moving in with one of her co-workers. He said he was down, so we pulled the trigger and put down a $500 deposit to hold/reserve the condo we’re going to rent. Well, he has backed out leaving us in the lurch. We are supposed to sign the lease and pay the security deposit on June 16th, but we may be able to push that date back a little bit. We are desperately searching for a roomie.
Here are the details:
- The full rent is $1150, so between four people that is approx. $288 a month for the rent.
- We are still working out the utilities, meaning power and the cable/internet. Those things combined should be about $200 a month. We are still figuring out whether to just split those four ways and buy individual groceries, or if one person takes power, one takes cable/internet, and the other two each take $100 in groceries.
- It is a three bedroom condo. The couple are taking the master bedroom, obviously, and the two other rooms aren’t too tiny. There is a full bathroom that is public and a second toilet in the master. So there are two toilets and that’s what matters in the end.
- The security deposit will be not quite $400 dollars because of not just the rent part, but the fees you have to pay when you sign a new lease. Application fees, admin fees, a co-signing fee (you will need a co-signer if you are a student I believe, since I have to get one too), etc.
- Pets are allowed but be aware they have a medium sized dog (female, very sweet) and they have a holland lop rabbit. I do not know how many pets we are allowed to have but there is a fee/deposit for dogs and probably cats that is about $500 and I don’t know how much of that you get back. I am also planning to get a rabbit. Also, there are two water frogs.
- The ages in the apartment are 20 (me), 19 (my friend) and 21 (her man). I will be going to WWU and so will he too for fall quarter. My friend goes to BTC.
- The condo is right smack near everything. Near the university, near Haggen, near Fred Meyer’s, near the Park & Ride. Very good location even though it is by the freeway.
That is all I can think of right now. Please ask-box me for more details or for my e-mail. No creepers.
Looking for a room near Western WA University?